Monday, March 24, 2008

The Desert


This is a group of recent photographs from the deserts of Arizona and Mexico.  I rarely go into the desert to do this type  of work, but I do enjoy the images... so I wanted to share them.
I started making these pictures when friends would visit, inevitably they would want to see the landscape... and frankly, who could blame them.  We would pack the truck with some cameras, beer, and some water, and off we would go.  As amazing as the landscape can be at sunrise and dusk, I found myself more interested in the overcast mornings and afternoons with the misty air and low clouds.
The prints are small, and I love the size of them.  The desert scrub is chaotic and harsh, I think the small size softens the landscape.
I hope you enjoy the images as much as I do.








No comments: