Friday, May 2, 2008

Lost and Found



I was recently asked to hang some work at a shop here in Phoenix, because most of the newer work was already being exhibited I had to crack open some dusty crates that were in storage at the studio.  The wooden boxes contained many old pieces from projects shot long ago, as well as various photographs that I've collected over the years.
I found this series, which was done for a brief period in 1997.  There are only 10 images in the series and each image is printed in an edition of 10.  In most of the photographs I had to serve as my own model because I had just moved into Arizona from Chicago and knew very few people... even fewer who would be interested in stripping down to nothing for a photographer they didn't know.  The work was exhibited in Phoenix and Milwaukee, then crated and forgotten.
The images were seen by someone at Calumet Photographic and I was asked to shoot the cover for the catalog, all very exciting I know... anyway, here are a couple of the images.

No comments: