Monday, December 15, 2008

Walnut frame

I have a good friend who is turning sixty this week.  For a gift, I thought it would be nice to give a photograph.  I searched through box after box of images and found one that I felt would be appropriate, then set off to build a frame.  Bill, much like myself, has a collection of photography and as I looked around my apartment I noticed a complete lack of open wall space.  I thought it safe to assume that he may have the same problem.  I put some thought into the framing of the print and came up with a free standing walnut frame (pictured above).  After the sawdust cleared and all of the splinters were pulled from my finger tips, I couldn't be more pleased with the piece. It seems to be a great way to display some of the smaller prints, rather than having them sit in various storage boxes.

No comments: